I have now got my printer under control and have been finding out about the issues with printing PETG, which does need to be approached differently from PLA, particularly the first layer. I was approached by a friend who builds race engines for motor bikes, he had made a modification to the inlet manifold and needed to get from a round hole at the carb to a double ellipse, the best way to describe it I think, at the inlet end. He was going to mill a part in metal, take a mould and get a urethane one moulded, this was going to cost a small fortune. So into the design and prototyping I went for him, it gave me the opportunity to discover some of the limitations of FDM printing, support structures in this instance where a real pain to remove, so came up with a part that has no need of support, has smooth fuel flow from the carb to the manifold. Now all that remains is to put the engine onto a dynatuner to see if we have achieved the desired result.